I like people who dream or talk to themselves interminably; I like them, for they are double. They are here and elsewhere.
by Albert Camus (via purplebuddhaproject
Six simple rituals for more winning:
1. Drink a glass of water when you wake up. Your body loses water while you sleep, so you’re naturally dehydrated in the morning. A glass of water when you wake helps start your day fresh.
2. Define your top 3. Every morning ask yourself, “What are the top three most important tasks that I will complete today?” Prioritizes your day accordingly and don’t sleep until the Top 3 are complete.
3. The 50/10 Rule. Solo-task and do more faster by working in 50/10 increments. Use a timer to work for 50 minutes on only one important task with 10 minute breaks in between. Spend your 10 minutes getting away from your desk, going outside, calling friends, meditating, or grabbing a glass of water.
4. Move and sweat daily. Regular movement keeps us healthy and alert. It boosts energy and mood, and relieves stress.
5. Express gratitude. Gratitude fosters happiness. Each morning, think of at least five things you’re thankful for. In times of stress, pause and reflect on these things.
6. Reflect daily. Bring closure to your day through 10 minutes of reflection. Asks yourself, “What went well?” and “What needs improvement?”
by 6 Simple Rituals
i really love hearing people talk about what they’re passionate about
things like art or science or everything and anything inbetween
hearing someone rant with love and passion is so fantastic
to see their eyes widen and watch their hands move, hear their speech quicken and know their heart is beating faster because every bit of their body just cares so much
If we just made an effort to be less horrible to one another. If we took just 5 minutes to recognize each other’s beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences. That’s not hard. It’s really an easier and better way to live. And ultimately, it saves lives.
by Ellen Page (via winslet
(Source: ahsconfessions, via braverdeen)
The most important decision you make is to be in a good mood.
by ― Voltaire (via psych-quotes
do you ever see a person you used to be friends with and you’re like “glad i got the fuck outta that one”
(Source: hitchups, via fabstel)
The person I reblogged this from deserves to be happy.
(Source: discolor3d, via chaneleo)
Be — don’t try to become
by Osho (via nakedvibe
(Source: yogaformysoul, via fabstel)
Sometimes you need to burn bridges to stop yourself from crossing them again.
by Unknown (via heroswans
(Source: abluesforbrklyn, via xmyloveslikeastar)
Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness.
by Alejandro Jodorowsky (via exotictastee
(Source: hellanne, via fabstel)